Are you thinking about going the DIY route with your holiday gifts this year? After everything that happened in 2020, a personal present seems fitting. Spread a little extra joy this year with a gift from the heart.
Check out our top 5 DIY holiday gift ideas to start crossing off everyone on your list. Happy DIY gifting!
Gift #1: Vanilla Cinnamon Latte Body Scrub
This invigorating body scrub is perfect for the leading ladies in your life. Moms, daughters, sisters, and best friends can relax and de-stress with this sweet scrub that's free from unnatural ingredients, chemicals, and parabens. It's made with coconut oil & coconut sugar to hydrate, exfoliate, and leave skin smelling heavenly.
What You'll Need::
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup coffee, ground
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 drops cinnamon essential oil
- In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil.
- Mix in the sugar and coffee grounds, vanilla, and cinnamon essential oil.
- Once cool, transfer to a mason jar for easy gifting.
Gift #2: At-Home Work Station
This one is for your friends and family, who will still be working from home for the foreseeable future. To create the perfect at-home office space, pick up the Table Mate Ultra and a super-comfy (and supportive) office chair. The Table Mate Ultra comfortably holds office essentials like laptops, tablets, and of course, a large cup of coffee.
Gift #3: DIY Paint-Dipped Shot Glasses
If you're unsure of what to get the men in your life this holiday season, try some grown-up shot glasses. They make great stocking stuffers, and they're something he'll actually use!
What You'll Need:
- Shot glass
- Painter's tape
- Glass paint
- Wipe a new shot glass clean, so the paint easily adheres.
- Use the painter's tape to mark around the bottom half or third of the shot glass.
- Dip the shot glass in glass paint and let it dry. We recommended going with an acrylic glass paint that's non-toxic and water-resistant when it dries.
Gift #4: Homemade 2-Ingredient Dog Treats
We told you we're covering everyone on your list! Gift your favorite pup some yummy easy-to-make treats. These don't require you to have any prior baking skills.
What you'll need:
2 cups of flour (coconut, almond, whole wheat)
2 jars of pureed baby food (blueberry, beef, chicken, sweet potato) - whatever you think the pup will enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix ingredients together until a stiff dough forms.
- Roll out the dough. Bonus points if you use bone-shaped cookie cutters!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place treats ½ in apart.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
Gift #5: DIY Craft Table
This one is perfect for kiddos with a creative side! Kids who love painting, drawing, and making original masterpieces will get a kick out of their special crafting station. The Table Mate V is flat and large, making it the ideal space for doing artwork at home. Throw in some new paints, paper, or colored pencils to make it extra special.